At Godswell Park, we place the rights and welfare of our residents at the forefront of our philosophy of care. We seek to advance these rights in all aspects of the services and of the environment we provide.
We also actively encourage our residents to exercise their rights and our Residents’ Charter of Rights forms the cornerstone of our care policy.
Residents in our home have the right to:
- retain their personal dignity and independence irrespective of the severity of their physical or mental infirmity.
- have their social, emotional, religious, cultural and political needs accepted and respected.
- have skilled, sensitive and understanding care to enable them to achieve the highest possible quality of life.
- have their personal privacy respected in all respects, including entering bedrooms, toilets, bathrooms and following death.
- be consulted about daily living arrangements in the home, and to participate in discussions about proposed changes to these arrangements.
- have their individual human rights upheld and defended.
- be involved in, and be kept informed about, their individual assessment of need.
- have a regular review of their individual circumstances, and to have the right to be present at any review meetings.
- be involved in the development and implementation of their Plan of Care.
- be kept informed of all the services offered by the home.
- choose their own Medical Practitioner and Dentist, and to consult them in private.
- have access to specialist medical, nursing, dental, pharmaceutical, chiropody and therapeutic services and care from hospitals and community health services according to need.
- have access to hearing and sight tests and appropriate aids, according to need, and in every way to have access to those NHS services to which they are entitled.
- manage their own personal affairs, including finances.
- remain in their chosen room unless prior consultation has occurred.
- have access to a formal complaints procedure.
- be given the opportunity to vote in local and general elections.
“It is a pleasure to wake in the morning to be greeted by everyone with smiles.”